Last week, I wrote about favourite tools. This week, I’ll show you some of mine. I do use a variety of media and tools in my work, but 80% of my acrylic paintings are done with the same two brushes, and 99% of my watercolors with the same 3 brushes. Several I’ve used for over 10 years, and they are all still in excellent condition.
From left to right, my favorites are:
- 3/4” flat (this one says ‘series 2850 Japan’, but no brand. I’ve had this brush for 20 years!!)
- 2” thin flat (Nobel 7110 China)
- #8 round synthetic (Robert Simmons “Expressions” E85, but I also like Winsor & Newton Sceptre Gold Synthetic/Sable blend)
- CJAS Fritch Scrubber (from Cheap Joe’s Art Supplies out of the States)
- Princeton Art & Brush Co. 6300 series #12 angled bright
- Opus Mezzo series 1/2” angled bright
- Princeton Art & Brush Co. 6200 series #16 and #4 filbert
I’ll share tips for the care of your brushes in an upcoming post.